This object is in archive! 

VST Code Bug, Conditional Waypoint Spawning

BellBirdBits shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Unable to select a waypoint to force spawn at with either an IF node or SWITCH node.

As detailed in #VST discord.

See attached files (scenario example, unzip to mod folder).

When attempting to force spawn a player to a waypoint based on their faction, the game fails to load the Mission Script (see attached Error Result.png).

Additional notes: It would be nice to have clear documentation/instructions on how to explicitly control player spawning/respawning and faction assignment. It would be great for team vs team scenarios to have a ForcePlayerToJoinFaction node, that lets players be forced on to NPC (>3 letters) factions where they have no ability to modify or leave said faction.

Replies (3)

photo

Turns out the bug is not related to the Spawning or Switch/IF node.

Disconnecting the Spawn nodes from the Message fixes it.

photo

Hello, BellBirdBits!

I think you have now resolved this issue judging by your updated comment and I just checked Discord :) If this is correct, I will close this for you but please let me know :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!