This object is in archive! 

GetLobbyMods fails to split string properly

BlueAmulet shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

MyMultiplayerLobbyClient.GetLobbyMods breaks up the mod info by file id, service, and mod name. Except it looks for the location of the second underscore using the original full string and not the service_modname string. if the mod name is too small, this incorrect index can lead to a Substring exception, which can result in "Joining Lobby" hangs among other issues.

Also my apologies, I originally submitted this report in the incorrect location, if someone could delete that.

https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/multiplayer/topic/getlobbymods-fails-to-split-string-properly

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, BlueAmulet,

thanks for sharing this issue with us. It was put into our internal system.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, BlueAmulet,

you think it´s possible to share with us some decent steps to reproduce and some mods that are affected by this issue, please?

Otherwise, I don´t see it positive in terms of possible fixing.

It would help tremendously!

Thanks in advance for coming back to this thread and for your reply as well as providing the needed info.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, BlueAmulet!

Please, can I ask once more for providing the needed information - some clean and valid steps to reproduce and list/examples of the mods? It turned out that it is crucial for devs to know exactly what you are trying to do, in what part of the game, what mods you are using and so on.

Without these information, I´m afraid that we´re stuck and can not proceed with the possible fix.

Hope you will come back here a provide those.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, BlueAmulet,

unfortunately you did not came back to this thread to provide the information needed for the proper reproduction and fix from our side.

Will have to close this thread.

If you will come back in the future, please open new thread letting us know that it is still broken and provide all the needed info right from the beginning.

Hope you understand.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!