Dedicated Server Manager not logging into Steam

Derek shared this feedback 2 years ago
Submitted

Dedicated server manager is not allowing me to log into my steam account.

I press the steam menu button then press login and nothing happens.

As a result I cannot load the server if I have mods in my config file. It goes into an endless loop of restarts.

Replies (4)

photo

I'm having the same problem on my server pc. It works flawlessly on my other pc. I already tried rebooting and logged out of steam so i could log back in and make sure the remember me box was ticked. that didn't help at all though

photo

Mine does the same thing. I'm assuming this is why I cannot add mods to my server either? I see this is an old thread from over a year ago, so is this a non-issue for most folks?

photo

I'm having the exact same issue... trying to start a new SE DS on my dedicated box with mods... HOWEVER, the DS client refuses to log into steam to download the mods and the "steam button" on the top of the UI does nothing when you click "logon".. this is frustrating as hell because I love playing the game, BUT without mods, it pretty much ruins my enjoyment and desire to play the game..

photo

It‘s been a long time so I‘m not sure anymore but I think I fixed it back then. You need to have steam running in the background and both the game and the dedicated server must be installed. Then and just then the button will work. Please excuse if this is wrong information. I‘ve just received a mail about this thread and I think to remember that I fixed it that way.

Best,

Maurice

Leave a Comment

Attach a file