Lacking New ideas/ design

Rosie shared this feedback 3 years ago
Submitted

I love this game no doubt, BUT boring especially for those people who wants to design and use more creative ideas for ships.

Trying to design something ... everything looks like a cube and limited design packs and makes me really boring.

What I expected to see items blew comes with the original game or buyable DLC AT LEAST:

-Different piston sizes

-Small Antenna Dish

-Animated Console packs

-Multi-floor Elevator

-Flat Landing Gear

-Different Battery Style/Size

-At least 5 Different Solar Panel sizes

-Different size of the jukebox(attachable to small gird too)

-Power Lines, cables (even cable packs)

-Complete kitchen pack

-Tunnel pack

-Live feed Camera ability on LCD

-Hover Rail

-Different size of Cameras (CCTV set)

-Magnet block (Sticky surface)

-Telescope (more zooming ability )

-Different door size/style

-Long windows pack

-Different size of Airtight gates

-Bush and trees

-flare Gun

-All NASA pack

-PC/Server Units (flat DVR servers or similar)

-All set of Radio transmit units

-Different Cargo shapes

-Different Control seats

-Radiator Heat pad

-Interior bush and trees pack

-Different Air vent styles/size

-Pool, Swimming Pool...

-Better thrusts (faster speed)

-Different shape/style of stairs even round stairs

-Different Cockpit shape, even with rotatable control seat

-Ability to attach(place) all small items to large grids, as well as large to small)

-All Room objects Pack ( chair, sofa, PC, Bed, laptop, printer, scanner, desk lamp, suite case, Bookshelf, space suit shelf, Different light packs, Gym Equipment, Refrigerator, desk, office seat, a power outlet, wall power button and more ...)

This game could come with at least 1,000 pieces of basic designing items which only few items there only :( .

Some of those stuff I listed above are available as the MOD in Steam workshop, and there are so limited or they are out of update and not usable anymore, beside those issues even adding each mod to server it will make server slow down, friends must wait for mods to download or they have to attend several times to joining server, and some of them had a performance problem just because a number of MODS that i add it to the server, that's why I am asking these things come as official package with the game.

I even have more designing ideas than I even stated above, I don't know how to share ideas with @Keen otherwise i would cuz this game worth to get improve.

Replies (2)

photo

A lot of this is highly unnecessary, difficult to implement or both, if not just vague enough to be indeterminate on these issues.

For example, a kitchen pack? That's the kind of niche thing that should be added by modders instead of bloating the base game. While I can understand wanting more convenient sizes for solars, five of them is really unnecessary. The same goes for animated consoles, flat landing gear, battery and cargo sizes (1x1x1 exists for both), camera styles, door styles, control station styles, air vent styles, stair styles, and room objects.

That's not to be confused with the set of ideas that aren't possible within the bounds of the current game without impacting performance heavily. For example, live camera feeds on LCDs increase the necessary computing power proportionally, as does a higher speed limit. They're in modpacks because they give people with better computers more options, but implementing them in the base game just kicks out the people who can't afford a PC upgrade. I don't even want to get into the mess that is mixing small and large grids from either a performance or gameplay standpoint.

And then, of course, there's patently ridiculous stuff that breaks everything like swimming pools.

photo

let's divide your comment into five sections:

• Firstly you mentioned about" kitchen pack" "that should be added by modders instead of bloating the base game," so I already explained about issues that items made by modders if you didn't read my comment completely, I mention it briefly here again: issues such as: no update, crash, bug, texture missing and discontinued mod. The worst, having added 100 active mods to the server will cause many performance problems for both me as a server owner and friends who wants they join. Those items listed above I already added to servers, right now with 20 active mods on my server, all friends refuse to join the server or unable to join the server due to mods that's increase joining time, infinity joining time, crash, and they must attempt multiple times each day wish to join so that made me to play mostly solo or play in friends server that they have less than five mods.

• Secondly, You have pointed out "five sizes solar panel is really unnecessary"; it just needs to be shrink and resize and change the values of power outcome. Having different solar panels will allow you to build more stuff with. for example, when you want to make a small rover or something similar to what just "NASA" created, "Opportunity Rover." I have to say when you want a small solar panel that exists in-game, the smallest solar panel size is way bigger than the rover itself, so then you can't really build what you really want; why we should not have a solar panel a size of 2x2 ( two small cubes length and two cubes wide)? Why there should be limit? If so, a 1x1x1 battery is useless too!

• Thirdly, you have also mentioned, items listed above, such as" camera styles, door styles, control station styles, air vent styles, stair styles, and room objects etc.…" are "really unnecessary." Let me give you an idea; I'm not here to blame SE or advertise those games, just using an example to clarify why I strongly want items to be added to SE. " GTA V" and "Star Citizen" use as the reference here. Both games, especially in "Star Citizen," why they made and designed thousands of small and big objects ? have you ever played "Star citizen"? have you ever looked at interior objects of ships that just designed for?? Have you ever pay attention that they even designed micro super extra items such as the "chocolate bar"? In my opinion, the items listed above can be designed or make by @Keen at a very basic design with even no functionality. I items listed above are not unnecessary, even though ,it will make the ship interior look fancier. Don't get me wrong, each game has its own unique attraction, and I am not arguing that SE must become the same as ''Star citizen''. Those options are listed above, at least with the very basic design and with no functionality expected to be added in the game or as buyable DLC.

• Fourthly, you have mentioned," I don't even want to get into the mess that is mixing small and large grids from either a performance or gameplay standpoint." let's just make it clear by stating some examples of what I'm talking about. I assumed that you have ever discovered and seen the size of a small H2 tank for a small gird ship; why don't we have the same length of H2 tank but as an O2 tank? Why is the smallest O2 tank way too big? Or from a different point of view, why don't we have the ability to use the enormous O2 tank for a large grid to use on the small grid? Why should there be a limit? Even if I say resizing the H2 tank is really unnecessary, then what about timer block? if I want to make a small basement with the large grid and then wish to add 20 timer blocks, it will take lots of space, so are then needed to use a large gird rotor and replace the head with a small rotor part to allow place small gird timer block on it. That’s is an unusual way to attach a small gird timer block to a large gird, and it is unmotorable and ugly to do. That’s why I highly recommend such an option to add to the game officially by @Keen, at least as DLC, because if I spend time to use MOD and crate ship with it then mod maker decides to discontinue or abandon their mod without update, then my time wasted too, that’s why SE should ability as DLC.

• Fifthly, it is already okay to build a ship without spending any creativity and design but having an opportunity will allow designers to create something better than what they want simply, by buying a DLC pack.As Your point of view items listed above may be unnecessary for you but not for creative players like me and others. I respect your comment, but from my perspective, I would even think that you may not into SE DLCs, but I am. Even ‘’Sparks of the Future’’ DLC is fantastic, and I use it everywhere. Why not have a more decorative buyable DLC pack that already listed above? I would pay for it as what all DLCs that I happily bought for SE till now.

However, you also pointed out ‘’ ridiculous stuff that breaks everything like swimming pools.’’ I highly recommend you download the brochure or look up for pics of ‘’ Pledge THE 890 JUMP from ‘’star citizen.’’ They used such ‘’ridiculous stuff’’ in that spaceship.

Link to that ''ridiculous'' ''swimming pool'': https://media.robertsspaceindustries.com/guy04xisgooww/source.jpg

MORE ''ridiculous'' stuff from your point of you that SC used:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/890-jump/890-JUMP

https://media.robertsspaceindustries.com/srhofp47jhvdl/source.jpg

https://media.robertsspaceindustries.com/jdqxww4auhplh/source.jpg

https://media.robertsspaceindustries.com/1w09m56834ho3/source.jpg

https://media.robertsspaceindustries.com/t2bky2nbdg0ms/source.jpg

Finally, the reasons stated above demonstrated and explained that why new ideas above need to be added to the game even as a buyable DLC pack for each, even its @Keen, that should be consider improving SE, all I wanted is to make game looks more realistic with new basic designing and decoration packs, if they are not into any changes then it’s their decision.

References:

**Attached screenshot blew also shows a minor part of what I really talking about**

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=295389652

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=971228947

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=577318708

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=337539313

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=306848014

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2230632087

https://robertsspaceindustries.com

photo

I'm not sure how you managed to miss the point so thoroughly. While it is an issue that modders might have poor implementations or stop updating their mods, that isn't Keen's problem. What is Keen's problem is that they have limited dev time and have poorly developed core gameplay features. I'd use the expression about rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic, but that would imply that overall failure is inevitable.

While multiple solar panel sizes are useful, we really, *really* don't need five of them. I can see the benefit of a small ship 1x1 version, but otherwise it's easy to get the same result with only a few extra blocks. Ultimately, more than one or maybe two new sizes can be justified, but nothing more.

This again leads back to the issue of limited dev time and the current state of the game. Dozens of small details and customization options for blocks are all well and good as long as you also have the overall gameplay loop and progression together. Also, GTA 5 is a fundamentally different game, while Star Citizen isn't exactly a shining model of success on which to model other games.

I can agree with better block sizes, to a certain point, but there are fundamental technical difficulties with implementing small-to-large direct connections that make them wildly impractical. If you really want the full explanation, I can write that out, but what I'm saying is that the deciding factor here isn't player convenience.

Again, while there's a place for creativity, these kinds of far-out decorative items are difficult to justify when the game's a buggy, unfinished mess.

Star Citizen works on an entirely different system where ships are more set pieces than individually creations. Sure, the pool looks good, but it would be ridiculous to just plop that down on the roof of a space-going ship, and we can't interact with it either.

Actually, Star Citizen itself is a great example of what happens if you try to go with something like this list. A bunch of random things get added, feature creep takes over, and nine years later you have barely anything solid to show for it.

photo

hmm

photo

@Doomed Person Look, I don't have all day long for you or similar people like you to talk about something that you just stick to and refuse game the being improved.

You obviously stick to 2 examples and won't get a whole idea of what does improvement means. The point of items listed above are ideas that can build by @keen. ''solar panels should not be five of them'' and ''swimming pool is impossible'' those two reasons is just part of examples that may have the ability to build, for any X reasons that @keen cant makes one, no problem, no future discussion about it anymore we skip to next improvement ability and ideas that have potential to be built.

You are trying to keep the game simple, and it seems like you are getting disappointing to you see; @keen is about to improve and grow. Whenever @Keen makes a new DLC, please, for god's sake, you, don't buy them so DLCs won't be added to our game so that you won't get a mess!

However, I didn't spend five h to write feedback for you; I wrote it for @keen. you are just a visitor and reply to something and got the answer, I don't even recognize you as an official @keen staff who talks and takes a decision on behalf of the company and limits some of their abilities.@keen should take care of this and improve their game if they want; there is nothing do with your thoughts, sry.

This topic is kinda over till @Keen takes care of this. I would also no longer read any more comments from you or a similar person like you till an official @keen staff take care of this. I don't have time for repeating stuff and new examples over and over again. Everything discussed clearly. No extra discussion is really needed.

photo

I kind of agree with both of you. Yes, SE needs more and better parts; and yes, SE kinda still is an unfinished mess and not fully completed. My opinion is that the devs should work on improving the game engine and the game's physic, as those are some big problems, most people that create workshop items have encountered before. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't create some more updates on new parts in the near future. They should mainly focus on updating the game itself whilst also delivering enough part based updates to feed the needs of the player base.

photo

If you're only asking for Keen staff to respond to your ideas, you'll be sorely disappointed. They barely even update the status on implemented suggestions, let alone engage constructively with the community.

I'm here because I'm trying to explain why this idea isn't one that Keen can easily implement or should implement, in the hopes that future ideas are better in that regard and that Keen gets a generally better pool of ideas to sort through. Typing out a long-winded "I'm not talking to you, go away" doesn't help anyone involved.

@TheSpaceXplorer: I'm not opposed to non-essential updates in general. Improvements to the game are improvements regardless of where they are. But adding entirely new content groups is very resource-intensive and just makes the job of fixing the game harder with more necessary resources, which is why I tend to oppose those kinds of ideas.

photo
photo

What about showing LCD content as a camera feed overlay instead of showing camera feed on LCD? It wound not involve excess rendering and can give a better picture.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file