O2/H2 Generators not refilling bottles from tanks

Darkmethods shared this bug 3 years ago
Reported

This was tested on 3 different computers and 6 single-player worlds (1 pre-existing and 1 new for testing on each computer). O2/H2 Generators will not pull stored hydrogen or oxygen from Hydrogen Tanks and Oxygen Tanks to refill bottles.

Tanks are not set to stockpile and bottles can be placed in the tanks directly to refill remotely from the O2/H2 generators so the conveyors are working. O2/H2 generators will pull non-full bottles into themselves but will only refill them if there is ice present in the generator. Auto-refill was tested on both the tanks and the generator to no effect. The Oxygen Generation world setting was tested in both states to no effect.

I validated each install on Steam and no issues were found. I have not tested multi-player to see if the problem exists there. Attached is a basic blueprint I used for testing.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Darkmethods,

thanks for letting us know about this issue. We are sorry you are experiencing it. It was successfully reproduced and put into our internal system.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

This is still happening. I have o2 gens full of empty bottles when I don't have ice in them when I have full tanks with no bottles in them and plenty of gas. It seems that the o2 gen has priority to pull bottles over tanks. Since tanks can only hold bottles but o2 gens can hold bottles and ice. I would suggest that tanks have priority to pull bottles over o2 gens. This way empty bottles will go to to tanks and be filled and space in the o2 gens will remain open for ice when it is available. If there are no tanks, then the o2 gen will pull bottles and fill when it has ice. This priority change should fix all the issues.

photo

I would suggest that O2 Generators that do not have ice should be able to full hydrogen from tanks to fill bottles.

Your never going to have so many bottles that you could empty the tank unless its almost empty anyway and since the O2 gen can fill both types of bottles its much easier to have one of them as the autofill but be able to pull the gases from any connected tank that is not on stockpile.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file