This object is in archive! 

Procedural Asteroids No Longer Spawning

Tharatan shared this bug 5 years ago
Won't Fix

Our dedicated server at 192.154.225.42:27021 (Hardcore Survivalists) has noticed that we are not longer getting procedural asteroids on the map. Map size is unlimited, procedural density is 0.0025 (low, but we were still getting asteroids pre-patch), and map was created prior to the MP update.

Was there a new flag introduced during the MP update that controls whether or not procedural asteroids will spawn?

Note - I attempted to attach the Sandbox.sbc file to this bug report, but the site rejected the attachment, saying "Sandbox.sbc has incorrect file type".

Replies (9)

photo

Hello Hayden,

thank you for reporting this problem.

I will forward it to our dev team to investigate it. Your ticket will be updated as soon as we get an update about it.

photo

Hi Vladislav,

Thank you for the response. Unless this is affecting other players, this can be closed - we have accepted that trying to carry over the pre-patch map was probably not the best idea, and generated a new post-update map, where the asteroids are now generating properly.

photo

Hello,

does anyone else have this issue?

@Tharatan if you would still be able to provide the world, maybe we could see what is the problem.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

The issue is most likely because 'voxel generation version' is set to 2, instead of 3 (it was changed in the most recent update.)

photo

We had a similiar problem on space-engineers.de. It seems, thought we did not change setting on the pre-patch map, the algorithm for spawning got changed (still using version 2). Already known, but not drilled asteorides did not appear again.

Another test showed, that there may be a change in multiplayer settings on DS: Right now there are 2 options for the spawning distance: ViewDistance and SyncDistance.

Former Behaviour: asteorids could always be seen from 15km away, grids were loaded by ViewDistance (in our case 3km).

Behaviour now: ViewDistance does affect grids only, but SyncDistance affects asteroids.

Expected: At least describe, what this values do, use useful variable names and use a default value for roids in singelplayer, that is at least as high, as the selected value for grids. right now, it's 3km..

photo

Having the same issue on my DS. This is actually a duplicate of those reports I guess:

https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/general/topic/ds-view-distance-locked-to-3km

https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/general/topic/view-distance-locked-to-3km-in-all-modes

https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/general/topic/asteroids-appear-only-when-i-have-my-nose-against-them

This bug is both super gamebreaking and easy to replicate. For me I just had to either take an old map or generate one in SP and then load it on a DS with voxel generation version on 3 (happens with 2 as well). Once you load into the game you can't see any asteroids further away than 3.1km.

photo

Getting the same issue in my singleplayer worlds been testing different densities, view distances, even world sizes, all same result getting no asteroids in any of my saves anymore now...very game breaking, especially since i basically can't play in space only planets.

photo

I seem to be having the same problem as you. I've created many different worlds, with different settings, all of which have ZERO asteroids that generate. The worlds that have asteroids as part of the pre-set; Rival Platforms, Lone survivor ect do have them, but only for 2km out each direction. It's absolutely gamebreaking.

photo

Hello, Engineers!

It´s already quite long time from when this issue was originally posted as well as from the last comment.

Are you still experiencing it? Or was it fixed in the meantime.

Thanks in advance for confirming me current situation.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Engineers!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!