Kicked from Own Session after Steam Friends Reconnects

Bradley Johnson shared this feedback 3 years ago
Submitted

I was in-game in a locally-hosted session from my own computer when I got disconnected from the session with a message saying that there was an error connecting to the session that I was already in and hosting after Steam Friends reconnected.

This is rather silly as I'm fairly sure--unless I'm terribly mistaken--that the server is hosted locally from my local machine, and not from Steam servers.

Furthermore, after being booted to the menu, I clicked the "continue game" button, my game got stuck on the loading screen. The map never takes this long to load, let alone, this save and the game are both on an M.2 SSD. I had to force the game to close through Task Manager before I could get back in-game, to notice I'm not where I was standing when I was kicked from my own local session hosted from within my game.

Replies (2)

photo

To clarify, "Steam Friends" refers to the service which is used to message other users on Steam Community.

Hardware:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050, Corsair Vengeance LPX (64 GBs installed dual channel),

Networking:

Local: Gigabit LAN ethernet/wired, internet: 200* Mbps download, 5* Mbps upload

*Internet service provider provides slightly faster service than advertised.

photo

( Mislabeled as "feedback" instead of "bug" as I didn't realize the "feedback" box was a button to change category )

Leave a Comment

Attach a file