This object is in archive! 

Main Menu Loading Error

Speed shared this bug 3 years ago
Won't Fix

Hello Keen,

When I open Space Engineers and I get the main menu. the continue game is black and when i try to continue it says checking for mod updates or world loading and gets stuck. when I try to create a game the options all blank. when I load a game it sits on the loading screen. but when I join a server or open character after about 8 min. it works again. not a huge problem but annoying. also the character screen should not take that long to load. Thanks.

p.s. sorry I don't have log files about this.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for contacting us. Please try following steps:

⦁Verify your game files in Steam

⦁Reinstall VC Redist 2017

⦁Update graphic drivers

⦁Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted)

⦁Delete ShaderCache folder

⦁Reinstall the game

Please let us know if it helped you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Katerina,

I already verified them before i asked this

Graphic Drivers are up to date

Does the config file just change the settings or does it delete any of my progress?

Deleted ShaderCache, did not help

SE is a rather large game and I don't want to reinstall it until we get better Wi-Fi

thanks for the help though.

Keep Creating,

EnGinEAR

photo

Oops, I wrote EnGinEAR because that is my steam name, forgot i chose Speed for this

photo

Hello, Speed!

Is this still a problem that persists for you or, has this since been resolved in the recent updates? I appreciate the thread is quite old and we have had a number of updates since then. I will close this if it is no longer an issue for you :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Still an ongoing issue for me, even after i completely uninstalled it and reinstalled it. recent updates have not made it better :(

photo

Hello, Speed!

Sorry to hear the issue is still ongoing. I can see my colleague gave you some recommended steps and you have reinstalled and done some of the steps. Have you since deleted the cfg. file?

Is this an issue that is happening every time you launch the game? Has anything changed from what you originally reported?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

thanks to the rearrangement of SE directory, i dont know where the config file is. every time i launch the game this happens. i have to go to character and wait several minutes then i can open/load/create worlds. nothing has changed. i even used a different computer and the same. thanks for your time

photo

Hello, Speed!

Thank you for confirming. You should find it in Appdata>Roaming>Space Engineers and then SpaceEngineers.CFG file. If you are able to locate it from there, please try and delete this and let me know if this changes things for you.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

nope, didn't work. still have to go to character to load or create a world. i am also forced to end the task in task manager because SE will just use up all of my limited resources and not stop, this could be helping the problem

photo

Hello, Speed!

Thank you for letting me know. Just to check, do you meet all the system requirements listed here? https://www.spaceengineersgame.com/system-requirements/

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

here is what i found:

ProcessorAMD A4-9125 RADEON R3, 4 COMPUTE CORES 2C+2G, 2300 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)8.00 GB | Total Physical Memory7.47 GB | Available Physical Memory734 MB

| Total Virtual Memory15.8 GB | Available Virtual Memory2.01 GB | Version10.0.19041 Build 19041 OS

i am currently running SE so my resources look like this

~90 to 100% 2-2.56 on my 2.30 GHz CPU

5.8/7.5 GB on RAM (80%)

20-30% on GPU

a world is currently loading, when i am in world, my GPU is maxed. i am planning on getting a new computer soon, but right now i cant.

Thanks for your help,

Speed

photo

what does ⦁Reinstall VC Redist 2017 do? and where do i find it?

photo

i checked my system requirements and i see that i am a bit below recommended specs, but I don't see how this could require me to go to a server or wait in character loading for me to load or make a world. i actually left it on and "closed" the program one night and when i came back it was not running, but it just takes a long time to wrap up after i have left the game

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I actually completely forgot about this :P I don't check my email very often, but this is still an ongoing issue. thanks for all that you guys do :D

Replies have been locked on this page!