This object is in archive! 

Multiplayer vehicle docking issues

Jesse Coles shared this bug 3 years ago
Won't Fix

Issue 1) If my friend and i dock with each other, one ship has to be set to main cockpit first with people in both ships and the person who isnt set as main cockpit has to do the dock/undock or else the other person loses control over their ship. The only fix i found so far was for the the one not bugged to get into the bugged ship and exit giving control back to the first person.

Issue 2) Stations/Bases have the same effect but happens intermittently and randomly. If i connect to a base built by my friend (we are in the same faction and everything is set to share with faction). Only fix again is for him to get in and out of my ship so i can control it again. You can run the hotbar and overrides but it wont take keyboard or mouse movement input.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for contacting us. Could you please provide us with more information including a save of your world?

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I dont know what more information i can give. How do i give you a save. Also the save will now have mods (this issue predates the installation of mods).

photo

Hello,

Please try to reproduce your issue in a vanilla (un-modded) world. Unless it can be reproduced on a clean, un-modded server, it is usually caused by a certain mod or by combination of mods which we have no control over.

Regarding the save: you can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

photo

This isnt a modded issue and was a problem from the very start of a vanilla playthrough. There is so many complaints about this issue on vanilla servers it makes me wonder if anyone there even tried to replicate the issue. Sending you a world save wont help either because it isnt a world issue, its a multiplayer one. you have to test with multiple players. Have one build everything then have the other build a ship separate from that grid, then dock it at a connector. After connecting and disconnecting through the normal course of play you WILL get this bug.

photo

Hello, Jesse.

When reading your thread, it rang a bell and I think your issue is the same as mentioned here, right?

It also contain multiple players on the server, multiple grids, losing control over the grid when docked/locked through landing gear/connector and "fixing it" by getting in and out.

Can you please take a look on the shared thread and let me know if it's really the same as you are writing about, or your issue is still something else?

If something else, any more information would be greatly appreciated in order to reproduce this issue properly and differ it properly from the shared (already reproduced and reported) one.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!