Small grid weapon raycast causing extreme hitching

D Hall shared this feedback 3 years ago
Submitted

I have built a small grid ship with fixed, forward facing weapons. When using it I found that when aiming the crosshair at another ship, my own ship "hitches". As I swing my aimpoint around it's so bad it feels like my gyros stop working for a moment.

This does not happen if I turn off the weapons. I therefore believe that this is related to the red markers that get painted "on" the target vessel indicating the expected impact point of the selected weapon. I have multiple forward facing weapons, and therefore multiple dots get rendered onto the HUD. If I had a truly excessive number of weapons this would sort of make sense, but I only have 8 Gatlings and 6 rocket pods, of which only one set can be used at a time, so we're talking about maximum 8 impact point renderings.

What's particularly odd is that shift-F11 does *not* show a framerate drop. The effect is not always the same, but sometimes I can suffer this sort of "stickiness" for many seconds in a row, but the FPS counter stays pinned at 120, and the UPS counter stays pinned at 60. So I don't know if it's a "framerate" issue per se, or if perhaps something is literally preventing me from steering my ship while it draws these aim points.

I really need a way to disable this feature, because it is making fixed weapons on small ships totally unusable.

Replies (1)

photo

Also, the lasers are kind of useless because you can use crosshairs for stationary targets and moving targets have travel time.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file