Decals and Individual Side Painting

KillerofPCs shared this feedback 3 years ago
Submitted

I believe the current painting system is nice, but is missing a few key features to make our ships really come alive.

1. We can only paint an entire block, instead of individual sides. This means to make a wooden floor you have to be okay with either wood showing, or place another layer of blocks underneath to get it to be hidden, when with individual side painting you could just paint the floor wooden, and have it be hidden without needless weight.

2. We cannot use decals, meaning detail on smaller ships is difficult. I would love to see some simple stripes or even number/letter decals that we could place on blocks to give better details (a flat plane of blocks could be better detailed with a large decal on the front) to a small or otherwise boring vessel.

3. Skin recolouring. The Neon Skin is a prime example of this, having two different skins for two different purposes, when it could be one with a simple recolouring tool, letting you choose the neon and 'dark' colours.

These are just gripes, but I think they could make SE an even better game for detail oriented folk.

Replies (2)

photo

I second this suggestion. Please add these features. :)

photo

Forget it - I doubt this is going to ever happen....

Leave a Comment

Attach a file