New block collision issues.

Edward Nigma shared this feedback 3 years ago
Submitted

The new collision meshes for blocks have been wonderful, they've really made the game a LOT better. That said, they need to be shrunk just a hair more, especially for sloped blocks. The reason being is that blocks placed adjacent to one another do not slide properly when there are blocks on two or more sides of a block. Like in an elevator, or in a hidden or large hangar door. All too often the blocks bind up just a little bit and the door gets stuck. This can usually be fixed by "wiggling" the ship a little bit, but still, reducing the collision by an additional 5mm would probably do the trick. Also, the "tips" of corner blocks seem to be unaffected by the reductions in the collision meshes, and these blocks seem to bind up more frequently or for less discernible reasons than the cubes do.

All said, this mesh update is an incredible improvement to the game that needs just a little more tweaking to be 100%. I love how I've been able to update several of my builds, and the improvements to their appearance.

Replies (1)

photo

Completely agree. This has been huge improvements to the game. Almost like whole new features in a way.

But i too have been testing a lot and running into the exact same issues listed here.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file