This object is in archive! 

Severe Performance Degredation with Frostbite

Kyle Taylor shared this bug 4 years ago
Won't Fix

Hello, since installing the Frostbite DLC and most recent update, Space Engineers is basically unplayable for me. There are massive lag spikes every few seconds, and eventually the game crashes. I have seen similar reports of this issue on the forums, and from whats there it looks like it might be an AMD-specific problem. Prior to the update I had no performance issues.

Ryzen 3700X, GTX 1080, 32GB RAM running on solid-state drive.

Replies (5)

photo

I have an AMD 2700X, GTX 1080, 16GB ram. The game is also near-unplayable for me since the update.

photo

Not just AMD. For me the "Learning to Survive" was fine but when switching to "Lost Colony" or "Frostbite" it keeps having frame issues. "Frostbite" causes total stall at high settings. I suspect due to it being on a planet instead of mostly empty space. I have a laptop with an Intel i7 8700K CPU, 64GB RAM, 2x NVIDIA 1080s in SLI (8GB VRAM), 4K internal monitor and the game is stored on an EVO 850 Pro 2TB SSD storage drive. Steam used to be on a USB stick. I think I hit the read/write limit as it kept disconnecting. I moved to same 2TB drive now. I am running "Virtual Desktop" with Valve Index VR system at lower resolution especially since the VR isn't 4K. This removes the warning about how HMD might not work right as well as the "movie theater" environment. With no background all you see is the screen. I was able to find one that worked on High/Ultra settings at least for "Learning to Survive". Lost Colony does seem to still work on preset low but i don't know if it will start acting up later as others have had happen. I really would like to see VR support like No Man's Sky. I would skip the VR control support especially for flying ships though. It is kind of cool for building though. I got a mini keyboard for my lap so i can use the VR helmet. 3rd person would still have to work though. Does this use NVIDIA PhysX? if so a possible fix would be to disable SLI and use card 2 for PhysX. I have to do this with UBISoft games as they don't use SLI properly and are PhysX heavy and can take advantage of the 2nd card that way.

photo

Your computer build is the problem. Intel and Nvidia do not work well together. Look at getting an AMD Processor and a MSI motherboard

photo

Hello Kyle!

I appreciate this thread is quite old. Did your issue resolve itself or is this an issue that still persists? There have been a number of updates since your post and are now on 197.075. Please let me know and I will either mark this as solved or if it isn't, go from there :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

Since there are no new comments in this topic, we are closing this thread as outdated.

In case anyone is encountering the same or similar bug, which is not already posted in a

different thread, please feel free to create a new thread with all relevant information.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!