Remove Large Ports from Small Ships

Geneticus0 shared this feedback 5 years ago
Submitted

Reduce the size of components along with a reduction in the resources need to use them and a corresponding increase in the number needed to build.

Remove the Large Block Conveyor Port Items from small ships and replace with small conveyor versions.

If I can hold a welder, grinder, or drill in my hand, there's no reason I couldn't strap one to a pole on my ship. I shouldn't have to have 50% of my ship be comprised of goofy adapters to route giant ports to containers.

Replies (2)

photo

I partially agree with this.If you want a good welder/grinder/drill, you should need it to be larger. I think simply an option to fix your issue and also keep the balance of giant welders etc on smallships would be to add in a smaller, reasonably efficient version of each, and then buff up the efficiency of the larger versions. There are mods out there that already do this, and it is incredibly helpful, and I would say balanced as well.

photo

>If I can hold a welder, grinder, or drill in my hand, there's no reason I couldn't strap one to a pole on my ship. I shouldn't have to have 50% of my ship be comprised of goofy adapters to route giant ports to containers.

SE simplifies how welder works, it is entirely reasonable for mounted welder to be larger to be able to repeat what human arm does. Industrial automated welders are larger then handheld ones despite having 'welding' part of same size as handheld welders.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file