Crosshair in camera is based on pan location when entering camera view

Ryan Rands shared this bug 4 years ago
Outdated

When you enter a camera view, the crosshair can be off-center or even appear to be missing. This is because it's location is retained from the previous view (1st person or 3rd person). When pressing Use to exit the camera view, the new view is reset to forward/centered, so entering camera view again immediately will result in the crosshair reappearing/recentering.

Repro to place crosshair off-center:

1) Set up a camera to View on the toolbar

2) In 1st or 3rd person, adjust (pan) the camera so that it is slightly off-center

3) Use View on the toolbar to enter the camera view - note that the crosshair is off-center

4) Press Use to leave camera view, then choose View camera again without changing current view. Note that camera crosshair is now centered again

Repro to place crosshair disappear (out of frame):

1) Set up a camera to View on the toolbar

2) In 1st or 3rd person, adjust (pan) the camera so that it is 90 degrees left or right

3) Use View on the toolbar to enter the camera view - note that the crosshair is not visible

4) Press Use to leave camera view, then choose View camera again without changing current view. Note that camera crosshair is now visible again

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

This bug is very serious. I told it a joke the other day and it was like :|.

photo
photo

I thought this is already fixed. It's a pretty old bug... https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/general/topic/crosshair-is-off-center-on-camera

photo

I'm not sure if the bug linked above has been fixed. It's still marked as Considered.

However, based on the description, I don't think it's the same thing. If you follow the repro steps above, the position of the crosshair is based on the position of the camera before you enter the camera view. It's not related to where the camera is in relation to the command block.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file