This object is in archive! 

When the player dies and goes to respawn, they cant (endless streaming, ect); They have to relog.

Alex shared this bug 3 years ago
Won't Fix

There has been a bug introduce since v196. It's been reported on the official keen discord. Posting here for visibility.

Quoted

So since this morning update I have been running into a few issue spawning on my grids, I will pick the grid I want to spawn at and I will get a endless "Streaming" with still the black screen, I then go to one of my Factions members grids I can see what Im spawning at but still get an endless "Streaming" when I spawn I get a black screen with "Streaming" to the point I relog at that point I am spawned in but still with the endless streaming. any idea why or how to fix this?
This was back on 8/6. Since then we have witnessed this same issue with multiple players across multiple servers with vastly different configurations(Commonly running on Torch).

A few theory's have popped up revolving around a conflict with concealment. Maybe the grids not being revealed when the player chooses to spawn on it?

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

This this issue happen on our official servers as well or only servers running Torch?

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

We run torch. I'm not sure if this affects non-torch or not.

photo

Hello Alex!

Thank you for your reply. We are sorry but we don't support torch servers and therefore we cannot fix it.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I dont use torch an d i have the same thing

photo

I've never heard of Torch, but this has been happening to all of my friends when playing on my local world ever since we started this save. (About a month and a half ago at time of writing.)

Whenever they die, they choose their spawn point and get stuck "Streaming" until they give up and relog. This only seems to happen if they spawn at an existing survival kit or medical station, but does not happen if they choose to spawn in a new lander or in space.

I've reviewed my local logs, as well as user logs at the same time and have found no indication of any error. Any help is still greatly appreciated.

Replies have been locked on this page!