Remote controller autopilot is very broken

Steven Mcgreagor shared this bug 51 days ago
Need More Information

The following has only been tested on small grid and all of the problems are with autopilot. I’m not sure if this is a bug, but it wasn’t like this before the most wanted update, this might have been a problem before but I haven’t touched autopilot in a while. When I set the remote control to not control gyroscopes, and switch on autopilot, it will control gyroscopes anyway, unless the gyroscope is directly turned off. Also when the remote control does use gyroscopes, it barely uses vertical axis if at all. Sometimes it doesn’t use any gyroscopic power whatsoever. Shifting away from gyroscopes, sometimes the remote control will fail to use thrusters or inertial dampeners, and also will completely turn off thrusters with thrust override. This could be because I was only using thrusters in 3 directions, but that shouldn’t matter in the grand scheme of things. I shouldn’t be required to have thrusters in every direction in order to use the block.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Engineer,

Could you please tell us if you're testing the autopilot on Single Player or Multiplayer? Are you using any mods? Unfortunately we couldn't reproduce any of the issues you have described. Would it be possible to upload the world or the steps you took to reproduce the issue?

We can confirm that Autopilot overriding the Thrust Override setting is by design.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Thank you for your quick response. I’m not sure if you guys look at responses to your replies, but I’m not sure where else I would submit this information. The issue occurred during single player and without mods, and autopilot was enabled via timer block. During the timer block sequence, the gyroscope has gyroscope override enabled, then disabled shortly after. I’m not sure if this matters, but I tested it without gyroscope override and it was still broken. If more information about this is needed I might be able to provide video or photo evidence; because I am unable to upload the world

photo

Hello Engineer,

Would it be possible to upload the blueprint on which you have this issue to mod.io and share a link in this thread? That would help us greatly.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file