1.189 ship drives atmo thrusters too hard and it floats up

Vorg shared this bug 5 years ago
Outdated

Had this last night and googled it. found a thread on steam going back to 2016 on this problem and they locked it when I posted because it was an old thread. But it seems to be an old problem not yet fixed: https://steamcommunity.com/app/244850/discussions/0/412449431008271159/

Building a miner ship. First, before I even had power on it, it tried to leave twice. It was docked to a base platform on a hill and when I logged in, the first time it was ~150m down hill upside down. Admin cut and pasted it back up on the base and landing gear stuck it. Built more but next time I logged back in, it was back down on the hill upside down but closer to the base. It was far enough along to get batteries and the rest of the thrusters needed, but it was real hard to flip. Took 3 gyros when 1 or 2 should have done it. Got it docked on the station to a docking port and finished it.

Powered up the thrusters and undocked and right away the ship took off. Had to hold the C to force it back down while redocking. Tried reloging and adding a down thruster but still went right back up. Read about toggling the dampener so tried that before undock and it still went up. Undocked with thrusters off dampener off, then turned the thrusters on and it seemed to fix it. Haven't been back in today so don't know if it stayed fixed.

Replies (3)

photo

Just happened again to the same ship. Rebuilt it replacing 30 small down thrusters with 4 large down thrusters and some other changes to make room. As soon as I undock the ship tries shoot into the air and this time toggling the dampener had no effect.

photo

Hapenned again. 2 ships working fine last night take off today. And now this board seems screwed up. Can't see anything I type here until I post. Old forumes still work. Can't Keen do anything right?

photo

are you sure your spacebar is ok lol

photo
photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file