Improvements to Engineer Drilling

CookeRS shared this feedback 5 years ago
Submitted

I dont exactly have the solution, more just the problem...

I feel there needs to be more work on first person drilling. With the increased emphasis on it in the new Survival Update, i feel like the clunky, shaky, buggy, and annoying drilling/picking up stone etc. process is tedious and just 'feels bad'. We spend more time doing hand drilling with the latest patch, so i think this area needs some work.

Replies (3)

photo

A reduction in the particle effects from your own drilling while in first person view would be nice.

photo

yes, and autolooting.

photo

If, by autolooting, you mean automatically adding the rocks and ore to your inventory, I'd be all for that - right now, you drill on a slope and you're chasing rocks... it would also help to reduce the server overheads if we're not causing so much litter - obviously you'll not want to keep the stone if you're mining ore, but if you keep chucking it out by hand, you'll end up with fewer, larger rocks floating around.

But I agree about the particle effects - right now you can't even see the rocks you've mined or if you've cleared the block you were trying to - you have to wait a second or two for the dust to settle.

photo
photo

I think the auto pickup that ME got when they mine would be very nice in SE.

photo

I think the idea is to find ways to not drill by hand so you don't need to do the tedious work.

photo

Of course, mining ships are always my first goal, but you need to do a decent couple of hours of hand mining before that becomes available to you.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file