1.189.029 playtest - multiple bug reports
First of all it was a pain to register here, UseResponse kept giving me weird errors. Anyway here are the bugs i detected:
1. Sound Bug - looped refinery sound. When i am on a grid that also has an active refinery, that has a lot of ores to refine, the sound effect continuously loops even when i leave the area where the refinery is. Can be fixed by going to menu and reloading.
2. I accidentally merged 2 static grids that were not aligned that were both bases without merge blocks. So i had my base large grid [will be named grid A] where i had built my survival kit, assembler, basic refinery, h2/o2 generator hydrogen engine and about 8 wind turbines in different directions on 8 block wheel made poles. I also had a separate grid [will be known as grid B] where i started building my mobile large grid base [a land cruiser], this grid had an almost finished hull with 8 3x3 wheels with 6 batteries that i needed to charge, so i built a couple of wind turbines on this grid as well. I saw that the batteries would charge in 5h+ from the wind turbines so i started to scratch my head thinking 'why didn't i start building this thing from the main base where i already had wind turbines'. So i started to check if the grids were somewhat aligned so i can try to merge them. I got some steel plates in my inventory and started building a line from grid A up to grid B, when i got near grid B i saw the line i made from grid A was not aligned at all [it was literally 1/3rd of a block away from grid B]. While i was looking at grid B i had the ghost block selected and it showed green [as in i was able to place this block on grid B] but it intersected by 2/3rds the line i built from grid A. So since the game highlighted the block as being green, telling me i could place it there, i clicked and it placed! [i was thinking what could go wrong] Well magically grid A shifted and aligned itself to grid B and they attached.
3. Wheel wrongfully calculated power usage. So after the above two mentioned grids merged, i checked to see in how much time the batteries would charge and it showed me 2h+. So that was acceptable, since it was night and had nothing else to do. I started tinkering with the wheels, [don't forget this is a large grid suspended on scaffolding] I turned the control stations' handbrake on, and started playing with the settings of the 3x3 wheel suspensions [8 in total]. Limited the maximum speed at 80kmh / changed the suspension strength from the default 6% to 10%. Didn't touch anything else. Anyway i started checking the direction controls, when i noticed i was pressing W the wheels were not turning but the power consumption was going up! So the question here is: why are wheels that have handbreak on consume power when W is pressed since they are not moving at all!
4. Hydrogen thrust feels low. Since the hydrogen engine is a complementary power source, not a main power source due to it's hydrogen requirement that can only be acquired via the h2/o2 generator i decided i needed uranium! So i started building a small grid ship that was capable of taking me to space before the playtest update. The ship i'm talking about is this https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1370140640 tho a much lighter version without ammo, gatling guns and missile launchers. It was perfectly capable of going to space from earth like planet. Not it seems the large hydrogen thruster on a small grid barely works. So i crashed that when trying to take of, and started building a bigger version. 2 hydrogen tanks with 5 large hydrogen thrusters to go forwards. Took a long while to fill the hydrogen tanks but this in the end was capable of getting me to space to find and mine uranium. Could we expect that h2/o2 generators with hydrogen thrusters to stop working now?
5. Wheel power usage. After getting my uranium from space and successfully landed [got shot by an mining outpost encounter, was fun, almost shat my pants thinking i was about to loose everything hehe] i started grinding down the space ship i used and the parts of the above mentioned grid A i wasn't using anymore. I was getting ready to release my land cruiser from it's scaffolding. After i finished grinding down everything and after i released my land cruiser [the whole reason i made a land cruiser was to move from where my drop pod landed since i didn't fancy building a large permanent base there] i changed all my batteries from recharging to auto. So i had 10 fully charged batteries + 1 small reactor with a ton of uranium [brought back from space about 24k uranium that refined into roughly 110 uranium ingots or so] and when i started moving, The entire land cruiser power grid was shifting to 75% power and the entire grid could be powered up only for 8 hours. So 10 batteries that have a total of 30 mWh + a reactor that can constantly output 15 mw as long as it has uranium [had 110] were barely keeping up with the power consumption of wheels. I think there's a bug in there, or some bad maths or something but it's outrageous for wheels to use this much power.
6. Wheel moving sound. Wheel moving sound was extremely loud and started to sound distorted, like really bad till i restarted the game. It still sounds distorted and bad but not so intense. From what i remember i have arcade sounds on.
For the moment this is it, i'll let you know if i find something else. Cheers and great work everybody! Love the playtest update.