Game Not Recognized Swapped Mouse Buttons in Windows

Delizin shared this bug 5 years ago
Reported

When using an ambidextrous mouse with your left hand you can swap the right and left mouse buttons by going into the Windows mouse settings and switching the primary and secondary buttons. This gives a uniform mouse experience throughout windows and almost every single windows application, except Space Engineers.

Space Engineers does not recognize that the mouse buttons have been swapped. There does not appear to be any option in game to swap the mouse buttons either. You can rebind the tool use and aim buttons, but it does not fix any of the menus.

The correct behavior is for Space Engineers to use the Windows defined primary and secondary mouse buttons instead of hard coding to the physical left and right mouse buttons.

Replies (6)

photo

I have the same problem. Probably 10% of your customers are lefthanded persons and therefore are affected.

To solve the problem, just make Space Engineers compatible with the mouse seetings in Windows.

Please, this is no minor bug. For lefthanded players this is essential and definitifely a reason to not even buy the game.

Kind Regards

photo

As a left-handed mouse user, I won't be playing until this is fixed.

And if you're not going to fix it, please refund my money; this is a Windows programming minimum.

Regards.

photo

Swapped mouse buttons worked fine for me in Windows 7.

So good game with such silly bug after 2 years. strange..

shame on you ))

photo

Hello!

Thank you for letting us know. I reported this issue and forwarded it to our programmers to fix it.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

hi there any news on this problem?

photo
photo

Looks like somebody finally understood :-)

Thank you, Kateřina.

Kind Regards

Leonidas

photo

This is still a problem in "Update 1.199 - Heavy Industry".

photo

Still a problem in 2022. Wouldn't have bought the game if I'd known.

photo

Uninstalled from Gamepass; unplayable by left handed people. A pity, looked good.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file