Another sound bug for the archive.

error 404 shared this bug 3 months ago
Not a Bug

What the title says-

I built the command desk thinghie far away from industry, and around it its nice and quiet, but once you take a seat its like you are in a hurricane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BA8bpEw3NA

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, error 404,

thanks for letting us know.

However, I'm not able to reproduce it. It seems that there is something special on your build – let it be settings, the place where is the machinery that you hear the sound from located, or where is the base itself located.

You think it would be possible to share me the save file, please?

If the save file is not possible (you play online), I would love to get the blueprint of your base (and sub-grids? if some are present) and the world settings; especially whether the sound are arcade or realistic and such.

Also it would be good to know if there are some reprosteps to trigger this issue. And how long/often you experience it when it starts to happen.

Any additional information that you can think of and share would help as well.

For saves:

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

For blueprints:

You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I will send you the grid when i get home.

All of the sunds and bugs i have reported are mostly from Keen EU2 steam, which makes me think that they are server related.

I dont get them in singleplayer either.

But on the servers, every day bringsn some new horror that cant be replicated or explained.

photo

Here, the blueprint.

If you convert it to ship ynd get in the cockpit you get humming sounds, if you convert to a station its quiet- thats for my crerative singleplayer.

On the server, see the video.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

We have reported this issue to our internal system.

Kind Regards,

photo
photo

Hello, Engineer,

after this issue has been investigated by our internal teams, it turned out that there is nothing broken.

If you are sitting in the cockpit (closed space) which is on that grid, sound is more important. This evokes difference between being inside and being outside of the cockpit. Even in real life sound (when sitting inside) would make difference as it would spread though construction of the ship and multiplied by closed space of the cockpit.

Will close this thread.

Kind Regards

photo

I disagree with your view on how sounds transfer IRL, as the chair seems realatively well padded, foamy and comfortable i am certain it would not transfer a lot of sound from the base to the engineer's ears. Also the engineers has their helmet on, which is another obstacle for the sound.

Also, the comand seat is in the open space of the base, so any sound should be heard the same either siting down or standing up.

I would recomend that you send your "internal teams" to the real world for a while, get them real jobs in real industry to get some experience on how thinghs work.

If they would ever operate a forklift, a tractor or construction machinery or drive a truck (like i have) they would not make such a silly statement. Chairs are ment to dampen vibration, not to enhance or transfer it.

I would encourage you to go outside and experience the real world, not just sit in your offices and hallucinate how it works.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file