[1.194.081] Air Vents Stop Working

Stephen Conklin shared this bug 2 years ago
Need More Information

I am unable to provide specific steps to reproduce this bug, as it seems to be a sporadic issue, but after modifying the conveyor network on a large grid, particularly in single player, air vents will stop pressurizing and/or de-pressurizing. Re-building or replacing the affected air vent(s) does not alleviate the issue. Adding the BuildInfo mod will show that that the area is sealed, and there will be high O2 levels (obviously there will be no O2 if the sealed area was previously de-pressurized, such as by manually opening the airlock), proving that the area is airtight, but the vents will cease to function. This is a particularly grievous issue for airlocks, as you can well imagine. I have had at least one other person confirm the issue, though they haven't submitted a report for it. Modded air vents, such as the Conveyor Air Vent - full sized block (and slope!) mod do not suffer this issue.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Wait. How am I supposed to vote on the issue? The only time you get a vote on your own issue is when you post the issue. This canned response really grates on the nerves.

photo

Wondering if you're having the same issue is me where your entire ship is not damaged yet also only all the air vents stop pressurizing the ship is so I'm having the same problem

photo
photo

And I was wrong; modded air vents DO suffer the issue. I just had to load the game once with Oxygen and Airtightnexx disabled and then once again with it re-enabled, which ended up fixing the issue, but that's not an ideal thing. Oddly enough, the issue was apparently causing a lot of the world lag I've been experiencing; once the airtightness system had been disabled and re-enabled, 90% of the lag I'd been experiencing disappeared.

photo

Hello!

Are you still experiencing this issue on the newest game version 196.018? If yes, could you please provide us with more information including a save of your world where you are experiencing this issue?

Thank you.

Kind Regards

photo

Currently, no, I am not experiencing the issue, but I stress 'currently'; the issue is EXTREMELY intermittent, to the point that some worlds (modded and vanilla alike) never have the bug happen, and others do. It's very hard to predict when or if it'll happen. I'm sorry I can't give you any more information than I already have, it's really that unpredictable. However! Should it happen again, I will upload a copy of the world and link y'all to it. As I said in my original post, I was able to alleviate the issue by deactivating both the Oxygen and Pressurization options in Advanced Options in World Settings, going back into the world, saving, and reactivating both options again. The vents were fine upon re-loading the save. I have no idea if it's a memory leak in the pressurization routines or what, but it is annoying. It can even affect individual grids, where one grid will be affected, but multiple others won't, or vice-versa. It's very strange.

photo

I'm having the same problem and it's the vanilla version of the air vents my ship is not damaged anywhere I stripped it and rebuilt it numerous times and yet the air vent will stop working after a set amount of time and no longer pressurize the ship no matter how much ice or oxygen you have in the tanks

photo

I get this issue on a ship. No modded vents or doors. On the most recent occasion (ie, 10 minutes ago) I left my pressurized area with 4-green-light vents and went to my hangar, disconnected a connected ship and went to grab some materials, then returned and docked to the connector. When I returned to the space that was previously pressurized, the air vents were showing one yellow light. Buildinfo says there are no leaks.

My oxygen tanks form part of the conveyor to my cargo, and I can still move materials from the cargo to the room with the broken vents, so the conveyors are all working.

Possibly worth noting that whenever this happens, *all* vents are affected simultaneously. Even vents that are in separate rooms.

The multiplayer server I am playing on includes a !fixship command, which basically does a creative-tools cut followed by a paste. This fixes the vents. But using this does possibly come with the risk of clang, and the server has a cooldown on its usage, so it's a mediocre workaround, not a real solution.

Luckily I happen to have an O2 H2 gen with ice in it. if I didn't, I would die and be unable to respawn on the ship without simply dying again. In other words, this is a *serious* bug.

photo

More info on this one.

I returned from a mining ship to the same ship mentioned above. On entry there is an airlock, then a pressurised room, then a second pressurised room. All doors are the vanilla DLC offset door type.

On passing through the airlock, the first room was not pressurized. I then opened the door to the second room and could see that the vent had 4 green lights. But after I entered the room and the door closed, the vent switched to one yellow light.

I then replaced the offset doors with regular doors, and the rooms pressurized.

So, at least one problem might be something to do with the offset door?

Edit: The ship stopped pressurizing a few minutes later even with the regular doors installed.

photo

Hello, everyone!

Thank you Stephen Conklin for your information. We will appreciate your save if you run into this issue again. Sean kelly and D Hall, could you please provide us blueprints of your ships where you are experiencing this issue?

Thank you!

Kind Regards

photo

I'm also having this issue on my base etc on a server. It's a large base and no part of it will pressurize any longer (it used to just fine before this update)

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file