This object is in archive! 

1.189.029 Recoloring blocks not working

McGarnagle shared this bug 5 years ago
Submitted

I'm unable to recolor a block in survival or creative in 1.189.029

I can place blocks of new colors, but can't recolor any blocks already built in-place

Observations:

• Using MMB has no effect, no error, no sound
  • I tried resetting the control to MMB
  • I tried changing the control to "U" on the keyboard
  • I tried switching between Survival and Creative modes
  • I tried loading a different save, fresh world
  • Attempted to use Digi's paint gun mod but it appears to be broken
  • Nothing of interest in SpaceEngineers.log

This is a high priority bug for me, since it breaks how I use the Nanobot Build and Repair System mod which is one of my favorite mods.

Replies (6)

photo

I have not had this issue, I was able to paint both my starter ship and a rover I built with no issues.

photo

I have had a simular issuse while in the "learning to survive" i wanted to re-color the fighter they ask you to build. by default its underside has some gray on it, i changed it to white. got in the ship. and it was back gray again.*i have no log file since i was playing in offlinemode, and it seems not to generate* (playing after test is officialy over-leaving steam offline).

photo

The behavior is the same in 1.189.033 but I've noticed new grids I create are colorable, but the Easy Start base blocks are not colorable

photo

Solved the problem, it was an Ownership issue. Recommending an on-screen error when ownership denies actions

photo

Have the same problem even since off the early access. Even when My build is transfered to other players they can't colour my build.

photo

I'm in 1.191 now and sadly I'm having the same issue.

photo

Em... I think I made a mistake. Have you tired repainting with block placement mode?

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file