This object is in archive! 

Hydrogen Thrusters consume fuel without need

Bleifish shared this bug 3 years ago
Won't Fix

Steps to reproduce:

Take a ship, fly forwards, and deactive all backward thrusters, so that it will not stop by itself.

it should not use any fuel, becuase no thursters need to work. it hadnt used any fuel in this scenario befor the latest hotfix. now it will.

the grid has no subgrids or other connection.

seems to be micro movents it trys to compenste, or maybe the reduced updaterate causes a problem there.

Replies (6)

photo

The problem exists for ion thrusters too. feels like the ship is draged in an direction, without any visible reason. still no subgrids. tested with NPC "Prospector" ship.

photo

I can reproduce this:

Build a full H2 tank and 6 thrusters in all direction. Place cockpit and battery. Assign backwards thrust on/off to toolbar. Check that inertial dampeners are ON. Then accelerate forwards and turn the backwards thruster off either while still accelerating or after releasing the key. Now check the H2 tank. It is draining as if 1 thruster was running to stop the ship.

Turning the remaining thrusters off an back on fixes the problem temporarily.

photo

Bug is still active :(

photo

Hello, Engineers!

Thank you for your report, unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce your issue. When I deactivated backwards thrusters, fuel wasn't consumed. Can you provide me a save of your world? Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer(s),

Since there are no new comments in this topic and we are still not able to reproduce it,

we are closing this thread as outdated.

In case anyone is encountering the same or similar bug, which is not already posted in a

different thread, please feel free to create a new thread with all relevant information.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Looking through some old bugs, I just tried to reproduce this one and failed as well, which is a good thing. Case closed indeed.

Replies have been locked on this page!