1.187.089 Blast doors are not airtight anymore

Casegard shared this bug 13 months ago
Need More Information

Hey mates,

I know the airtightness is experimental. In the current version (new game no mods) the blast doors are not airtight anymore.

1) build a cubic room lets say 10x10x10 with light amor blocks

2) put a vent into the wall and connect it to an oxygen tank

3) well have some power on the grid

4) the room should now have oxygen in it - check - worked

5) now make a 3x3 hole into the wall and exchange it with a 3x3 blast door on a piston

6) retract and revert the piston (optional)

6) now the room is not airtight anymore (it was in the last versions though)

Not sure if this is a decision made by you or considered a bug. This also means small grid airtightness is not possible anymore because you have no doors to enter the grid (makes the small air vent obsolete)

Would be nice if you could say how you think it should work.

I hope this helps a bit

Comments (7)

photo

Im pretty shure they where never Airtight.

photo

He means Air-tight Hanger Doors I believe; they most certainly are air tight.

photo

He doesn't seem to refer to hangar doors:

and exchange it with a 3x3 blast door on a piston
Subgrids never contributed to sealing a room, and likely will never do that.

Blast door blocks also never were airtight.

I did a report a long time ago with a simple solution for blast doors to be airtight while not allowing them to mount on those faces, but it was ignored since blast doors still can't seal on the same grid.

photo

That's weird, I've lost the ability to read.

But yeah, blocks on/in a sub-grid never created an airtight seal to begin with- if they did, it was a bug. Blast doors like that are decorate / armour protection only- you need actual air-tight hanger doors or some abortion of a Clang device that uses merge blocks to lock a sub-grid 'door' in place and create an actual seal.

photo
photo

Hello,

Is this still an issue?

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

As I said in my other comment: in step 5 they're saying pistons' top grid is not sealing the piston's base grid. Is that supposed to work?

photo

Ah, I understand your original post now- No, that never worked since the blocks on the piston are on a separate grid and it is impossible to make the room airtight without using merge blocks ( doesn't matter if they are armour blocks or blast door blocks- it's still a sub-grid ) to merge the 'door' to the walls of the room and seal the hole. Just forcing the blast door blocks into the hole with a piston doesn't create an actual seal as far as the physics engine is concerned, it would just be a visual seal.

photo