This object is in archive! 

Game freezes at random

Hontom shared this bug 3 years ago
Won't Fix

I have started playing Space Engineers today, and I found that, after a certain period of playtime, my game just freezes, with an exception to the occasional frame and sound update happening every 30 seconds to a minute. The only way I have found to fix this temporarily is to just restart the game, just for it to happen another couple minutes back in. I am playing on a ryzen 5 2600, and a GTX 1660, with 16 GB of 1200MHz RAM, and I have the game installed on a 250GB SSD. This didn't happen before, and if any additional information needs to be provided, let me know.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for contacting us. Could you please provide us with your logs? You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers. Please attach SpaceEngineers.log and VRageRender-DirectX11.log.

Does this issue occur on the updated game version 196.016? I would also suggest to verify your game files in Steam (Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files). Any additional information will be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I can't seem to find a SpaceEngineers.log or VRageRender-DirectX11.log. I do see a lot of files that seem very close to that name, even after validating game files, but not exactly, and I've attached a screenshot of the folder in this reply. Another thing I noticed about this was, whenever it happened, some in-game processes continue to happen, e.g. thrusters still have their idle animation, meaning that it could be something completely different (I've been playing multiplayer to get all of these examples). I have been playing on 196.016./470c2cc88be390f433f50185878b213f

photo

Hello!

Every game session creates a log. Please reproduce the issue and send us related logs (by date and time).

Thank you.

photo

Hello Engineer,

Since there are no new comments in this topic and we are still not able to reproduce it,

we are closing this thread as outdated.

In case anyone is encountering the same or similar bug, which is not already posted in a

different thread, please feel free to create a new thread with all relevant information.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!